We are aware of issues with linking and refreshing Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) accounts. Our aggregation team is investigating this issue and we hope to have a resolution soon. In the meantime, please try the following steps to update your account:
- Register at the new Thrift Savings Plan site: https://onboarding.tsp.gov/onboarding/s/
- If you have already registered, move on to step 2
- Log in to your Thrift Savings account at the Thrift Savings Plan site
- Navigate all the way to your Account Details page where you can view your balances and transactions
- Sign out of your Thrift Savings Plan account
- Sign in to your Personal Capital Dashboard
- Locate your Thrift Savings Plan account on the left side of your screen
- Click the account to trigger the prompt to re-enter your login credentials
- If you are not prompted to re-enter your credentials, please click the Pencil icon next to your account name to open the edit account window, then select Edit
- Enter your New login information
- If prompted, enter any Two Factor Authentication necessary for your account.
This should ensure that your account is updated with the correct credentials and, even if it does not update successfully, will ensure that when we do have this issue resolved your account should update automatically.
As soon as we have an update we will post more information here. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on this issue.
Updated 6/30: Unfortunately this issue is more complex than we expected and it is taking our engineers more time to unravel the issue in order to find an acceptable solution. While we do not currently have an ETA on when this will be resolved, we do hope to have an update towards resolution soon.
Updated 7/22: This matter is still escalated and pending resolution. We do sincerely appreciate your continued patience. The moment additional details develop towards resolving the issue we will be certain to update all our impacted customers.
Updated 8/11: We are currently seeing this issue as resolved for a majority of our customers. Please follow the steps noted in this article in order to update the site as advised, and follow with our support should issues persist.