We are aware that some users are encountering issues with updating or linking their Empower Retirement accounts. Users have had success with updating Empower accounts by re-entering their login credentials.
Please try the following steps to re-enter your login credentials for your Empower account in Personal Capital:
- Open up a text application on your computer.
- Type up the username and password you use for Empower.
- Log into the Empower site. Be sure to copy paste the username and password from your notepad (step 1).
- Log Out of your Empower account.
- Log into Personal Capital at https://home.personalcapital.com.
- Tap or click on the account, then click the pencil icon (web, ipad) or the settings menu (mobile) to Edit the account.
- Update your credentials for Empower by copying and pasting from the notepad (in step 1 above).
This will re-sync the account and allow your account to update. Try these steps first and if you still have trouble updating this account, please let us know.