Chase is rolling out a new form of security known as Multi-Factor Authentication which requires users to enter a security code before completing the login process. As this is rolling out to users in stages, not all accounts may see this notification.
If you are being asked to provide additional security information while trying to refresh your Chase accounts within Personal Capital yet are not presented any method by which to enter this information, take the following steps to reset the multi-factor authentication for this site.
- Log in to Personal Capital.
- Pull up your account sidebar which is to the left of your Personal Capital dashboard.
- Hover over the account in question with your mouse.
- Click the pencil icon to the left of the name of the account. If there is a spinning circle there instead of the pencil icon, that means your account is still refreshing. Please wait a few minutes for it to finish refreshing, then the pencil icon will appear.
- From the new pop-up window click on "Edit Login".
- Re-enter your login credentials.
- Click "Submit".
- You should then be prompted to provide a code coming from Chase. This will be sent to the phone number or email that you have on file with Chase, so make sure that you are checking for the code in the correct location. There is a limited amount of time within which to enter the code, so enter the code as soon as you receive it.
Once you complete these steps you should see the site update successfully. If you still see this error after following these steps, please contact support.