If you are seeing the error “Incorrect Username/Password Error” this is most likely the result of a mismatch between your credentials in Personal Capital and your credentials at the financial institution site.
Here are some hints to troubleshoot this errors.
- Verify you can access your account with the URL we have,
- Search for and select the specific financial institution. Click on the URL shown next to the lock icon and ensure you can access your account on the financial institutions' website.
- Verify that you credentials are correct
- Type your username and password in a text application and copy it onto the login form in Personal Capital.
- Do not use Password Managers as this can sometimes interfere with linking accounts.
If you are still seeing an error message after following the steps above, please leave the account in error state and contact support.