If you are being asked to visit your financial institution’s website, there is likely some information the website requires you to verify/review before the account can be updated in Personal Capital. Typically users receive this error for the following:
- Accepting New Terms and Conditions
- Update Profile Information (i.e. Contact information, Email Preferences, etc.)
- Update Security Questions
- Accepting paperless statements
Please complete the steps below to update the account.
Note: these steps will have to be completed on our web application (www.personalcapital.com) only, and not our mobile apps.
Step 1: Log into your financial institution's website using a new browser (one you haven't previously used to access their website) or a private/incognito window and clear any messages/information requests the site may have for you. Make sure you click around through all your account views to ensure you are not prompted with any of these intermittent windows.
- Click on the account displaying the error message in the “My Accounts” panel.
- Click on “Visit Site.”
- In the new window, log into the institution's website and verify that all prompts have cleared.
- Return to Personal Capital and click “Continue.”
If you have already tried this and the error hasn't cleared, please contact us.