If you are being asked to visit your financial institution’s website, there is likely some information the website requires you to verify/review before the account can be updated in Personal Capital. Typically users receive this error for the following:
- Accepting New Terms and Conditions
- Update Profile Information (i.e. Contact information, Email Preferences, etc.)
- Update Security Questions
- Accepting paperless statements
In order to update the account in Personal Capital you will have to complete 2 sets of steps. Note that these steps may have to be completed on our web application .
Step 1: Log into your financial institution's website using a new browser (one you haven't previously used to access their website) or a private/incognito window and clear any messages/information requests the site may have for you. Make sure you click around through all your account views to ensure you are not prompted with any of these intermittent windows.
- Log into Personal Capital
- Click on the account displaying the error message in the “My Accounts” panel.
- Click on “Visit Site.”
- In the new window, log into the institution's website and verify that all prompts have cleared.
- Return to Personal Capital and click “Continue.”