Capital One 360 and Capital One Investing requires personal financial management tools like Personal Capital to use a special 'Access Code' to access the account and retrieve data. This access code is different than the PIN you use to log in to these accounts and needs to be created within your Capital One account.
Please use the steps below to generate the access code.
Capital One 360:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com with your Username and Password.
- Select the ‘My Info’ tab.
- Go to 'Preferences' and choose the 'Access Code' section.
- Click on the ‘Create Access Code’ button.
Capital One Investing:
- Log into your Capital One Investing account at
- Select the "Accounts" tab
- Select “Profile & Settings" from within the "Overview" drop-down menu.
- Click on "Create Access Code" under "Personal Finance Access Code" in the right-hand column.
Capital One will generate an Access Code which you can use as your password along with your Username to link Capital One account in Personal Capital.
If you have successfully completed this step but the account hasn't linked, please contact Support.