If you have multiple accounts from the same financial institution and would like to tell them apart easily, you can change the 'Account Name' field which will allow you to customize account names under the same financial institution.
There are two fields you can edit: Firm Name and Account Name. The Firm Name is the name of your Financial Institution- like "Fidelity", "First Tech", or "Chase". The Account Name is the name of the individual accounts- such as "My Savings", "Spouse 401k", or "Business Credit". This helps you differentiate between multiple accounts at the same institution.
If you change the Firm name, all accounts tied to that set of login credentials will be updated. To change just one account, be sure to only change the Account Name!
Application specific steps to change the account name are below:
Web Application (https://www.personalcapital.com):
- Click on the 'Pencil' icon on the 'My Accounts' panel
- Click the 'Pencil' icon next to the account name.
- Edit the
- Login to the app
- Swipe left to the right on the account you'd like to change
- Tap edit account
- Change the 'Account' field to your liking
- Log in to the application.
- Long tap the account you'd like to change and change the account field to your liking.