Once you have a stock option account created you can enter grants with various vesting schedules, even handling stock grants as well as options
4 year grant with a 1 year cliff then monthly vesting. This is one of the most common grant types in high tech. You have a number of shares granted but the first block of shares don't vest until the end of the first year. Then additional shares are granted monthly.
- Vesting start date is the date your vesting starts, sometimes it's the same as the grant date, if you can't find the start date you can use grant date
- Grant description we create a default using the date and the company name but you can change this to be anything you want
- Exercise price is the price at which you can purchase your shares
- Current price can be the same as the exercise price but if you are entering grants that are in the past, hopefully the current price is higher. If you are a public company and entered a ticker then we price it automatically
- Total shares is the total number of shares in the grant
- Vesting schedule is a drop down where you can select from one of the standard schedules or choose a custom vesting schedule.
If you choose a custom vesting schedule, use Fully vested in XX months where XX is usually 48 for a 4 year grant, enter length of cliff in months at 12 since usually grants have a 1 year cliff before you start to get shares, sometimes they have a 2 year cliff and you would use 24 months. Shares granted after the initial cliff. Then since grants are normally annual, you would enter Vesting every 12 months.