Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a security system that requires more than one method of authentication to be completed before signing in to your account.
In addition to the multiple security systems deployed, Empower Personal Dashboard has an option for users to activate a second layer of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for their account.
How Is Empower Personal Dashboard Utilizing Multi-Factor Authentication?
When the second layer of MFA is turned on, Empower Personal Dashboard will require its users to receive and enter in a security code each time they log in. The code can be requested via phone or text message and will be delivered to the registered phone.
How Do I Turn On A Second Layer Of Multi-Factor Authentication?
The second layer of MFA can only be turned on through our web application at this time. To turn it on, please carry out the following steps:
- Log in to Empower Personal Dashboard.
- At the top right corner, click on your name, and then click on 'Profile and Settings'.
- In the 'Security Settings' section, click on 'Edit' for 'Multi-Factor Authentication’ This is the second layer of security for Empower Personal Dashboard.
- You will be asked to enter your Empower Personal Dashboard password.
- Click the check-box for 'Multi-Factor Authentication’' upon login.
- Click on 'Save Changes' to confirm this change.
After enabling the second layer of MFA for your Empower Personal Dashboard account, the 'Touch ID'/'Face ID' functionality will stop working on the mobile application. You will be asked to receive and enter the security code each time you want to access your account via the mobile application.