Personal Capital allows users to create custom categories for transactions from the application. Follow the application specific instructions to create custom categories for transactions in your account.
- Click on the transaction in question
- Click on the category
- Start typing the name of the new category you want to create
- At the bottom of the dropdown list, click 'Create Category'
- On the dialog box, enter the complete name of the category and select the type-- Income, Expense, or Transfer.
- Click Save
- Tap on the transaction
- Tap on the category
- Tap '+' in the top right corner of the screen
- Type in the Name and and select the type-- Income, Expense, or Transfer.
- Tap on Done.
Note that currently Personal Capital allows a maximum of 30 custom categories to be created.